I write regularly for Reverb.com, Guitar Magazine, Guitarist, and Sound On Sound, among others.
Sometimes that means a column, where I can have fun covering all manner of subjects that whirl in and around vintage and modern guitars. Other times it might be an archive interview or a new interview, or a longer piece that gets to grips with the deeper details of a subject.
YOU CAN FIND some of my recent writings here …
• The Art & Psychology of Recording Great Vocals Interview with Larry Klein about producing Joni Mitchell and Madeleine Peyroux. Reverb
• History Of Denmark Street A key part of London’s musical history, Denmark Street is preparing to enter a new phase. Guitar Magazine
• Craig Parker Adams: Mixing Frank Zappa How Zappa’s vast archive is reworked for today. Sound On Sound
• The Beatles Guitar By Guitar A guide to the instruments that made music history. Guitarist
• The Vibraphone: Joel Ross Explains What It’s All About Vibraphonist Ross takes us on a tour of his instrument. Reverb
• Rare Bird: The Gretsch White Penguin Story How the Falcon gave birth to a little Penguin. Guitar Magazine
• Jack Bruce Archive interview from 1989 with Jack on Cream, Ornette Coleman, self-expression, and more. Reverb
YOU CAN FIND more links to my work at these helpful indexes of stuff I’ve written …
• Reverb‘s index of all my writing they’ve published.
• Reverb‘s index of all my archive interviews they’ve published.
• Guitar Magazine‘s index at its guitar.com site of my writing for them since 2019.
• Guitarist‘s index of my writing for them since 2020.
• Sound On Sound‘s index of all my writing they’ve published.